Pork, Apple and Sage Burgers
This super easy midweek meal has a gorgeous flavour combination. These burgers are perfect when paired with beetroot relish and avocado. It makes for a winner dinner when you can make something so tasty with very few ingredients!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “They tasted good, and everyone in the family said they would happily eat them again." - Nerine
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 30 minutes resting time
Cooking Time 8-10 minutes
Can be frozen before or after cooking
You will need:
large frying pan
- salad of choice
- buns - 6-8, (*can use GF)
- apple - 60g dried, rings
- onion - 1, small, peeled and quartered
- pork mince - 500g
- egg - 1
- plain flour - 20g, (*can use GF)
- dried sage - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked black
- Serving options:
- relish - beetroot
- Place the dried apple rings (60g) and quartered onion (1) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the pork mince (500g), egg (1), plain flour (20g), dried sage (1 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and cracked black pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Remove the mix from the bowl and shape into 6-8 burger patties.
- Place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add a drizzle of oil to a large frying pan and cook patties over a medium heat. Cook each side for 4-5 minutes or until cooked through completely.
- Place some salad and a patty into each bun (6-8).
Make your own!
* Make your own buns with the Multiseed Bread Rolls recipe from The Freezer Issue, the Bread Rolls recipe from The On the Road Issue, the LCHF Bread Rolls (GF) recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue, the Honey Buns recipe from The Readers Issue or the Golden Brioche Buns recipe from The Baking Issue.
* Make your own beetroot topping with the Beetroot Relish recipe from The Gift Giving Issue.