This classic family-friendly dinner is so easy to prepare. Mix up the mixture, roll it up into balls and pop them into the oven! It's that simple! A great meal to make ahead if you know you will be late home for dinner. Have it cooking in the oven the night before, refrigerate during the day and reheat for dinner.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "OMG Yum!!!! Takes me back to my childhood! Such a simple recipe to prepare while getting the kids ready for bed! Absolutely delicious, this will be on my weekly menu." - Belinda
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 50 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, small, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp
- beef mince - 500g
- dried mixed herbs - 1 tsp
- rice - 40g, long grain
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- tomato soup - 840g, canned (*check for GF if required)
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Place onion (1), garlic cloves (2) and parsley (2 Tbsp) in bowl and chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add mince (500g), mixed herbs (1 tsp), rice (40g), salt and pepper (to taste). Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Roll into 24 meatballs and place into ovenproof dish.
- Pour tomato soup (840g) over the top. Bake for 50 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Serve over mashed potato or rice.