Pomegranate Crunch Yoghurt Topping
Combining the produce of two of our favourite trees, this easy topping for your yoghurt pairs pomegranate arils with macadamia nuts beautifully. So easy to make up and have in the fridge to top your yoghurt – or just eat it as is!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A mixture of soft and crunchy, this is delicious and easy to make. I will definitely be making this again, as hubby devoured the first batch." - Sherrie
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- apple - 1, cored and quartered
- macadamia nuts - 40g
- pomegranate - 1, arils only (see Step 2)
- sunflower kernels - 20g
- yoghurt - 1 cup, of choice, to serve (*can omit or use DF)
- Add the apple (1) and macadamia nuts (40g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 7 seconds.
- Cut the pomegranate (1) in half horizontally along its equator (i.e. don’t cut through the spiky bit at the top, cut the opposite way along the middle). Spread your fingers and lay the cut side of the pomegranate on your fingers. Have a bowl in front of you and, with a wooden spoon, bash the arils from the pomegranate into the bowl. You need to bash hard, and you may need to manually remove some. Take out any pieces of pith that fall into the bowl. Do this for the other side too.
- Add the pomegranate arils (from 1 pomegranate) and sunflower kernels (20g) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 7 seconds.
- Put some yoghurt (1 cup total) in each serving bowl and top with the pomegranate crunch topping, or use your preferred ratio of yoghurt and topping. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.