If you are in need of a quick and colourful dessert, you should definitely give this plum galette a go. It has been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh from Thermomix Baking Blogger. It is packed with delicious fruit and surrounded by a crispy shortcrust pastry. Have it warm with a dollop of ice cream (or double cream!) You can experiment with the fruit, if you fancy. Why not use apples and pears, or strawberries and raspberries. There is no limit and the more flavour you get, the better.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This pastry is divine, and I will be using it for lots of other stone fruit / berry bakes. It is a great way of using up frozen fruit. It really is a lovely recipe." - Monika
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 30 minutes chilling time
Cooking Time 35-40 minutes
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 200g, plus extra for dusting
- icing sugar - 50g
- egg - 1
- butter - 125g, unsalted, cold
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- plums - 6-8, yellow and purple, stones removed and halved, ripe
- caster sugar - 50g, plus extra for sprinkling
- water - 50g
- blueberries - 150g
- egg - 1, beaten
- ice cream - to serve, vanilla
- Place the plain flour (200g), icing sugar (50g), egg (1), butter (125g) and vanilla (1/2 tsp) in the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 20 seconds.
- Remove from the bowl and wrap in clingfilm. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Place the plums (6-8), caster sugar (50g) and water (50g) in the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Leave to cool entirely.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the pastry on a floured surface and roll out to a circle about 35cm in diameter. Place on the prepared tray.
- Arrange the plums in the centre, leaving a 3cm gap around the edge. Sprinkle the blueberries (150g) on top.
- Fold over the edges of the pastry to tuck in the plums, brushing the dough with a beaten egg (1) while folding over. Sprinkle with extra caster sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave to cool slightly, then serve immediately with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!