A pizza without the pizza dough! What a great addition to the lunchbox. This is a great slice to freeze and have on hand for easy lunchbox filling.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “What a great combination of flavours! We loved it from the first bite. I look forward to cooking this again and freezing it for lunchboxes. It can be eaten hot or cold, on its own or with a salad." - Sharree
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
Makes 16 slices
Can be frozen
- cheddar cheese - 100g, cubed
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, small, peeled and quartered
- sun dried tomatoes - 120g, including oil
- bacon - 5 slices, shortcut, fat removed
- tomato paste - 50g
- eggs - 5
- plain flour - 100g (*can use GF)
- fresh oregano - 1 Tbsp
- pepperoni - 12 slices
- cherry tomatoes - 10, halved
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Add the cubed cheddar cheese (100g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 5-10 seconds. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2) and quartered onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add grated cheese (50g only), sun dried tomatoes (120g, including oil) and bacon (5 slices) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the tomato paste (50g), eggs (5), plain flour (100g) and fresh oregano (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and top with pepperoni (12 slices), halved cherry tomatoes (10) and the remaining grated cheese (50g).
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into 16 slices.
- Wrap and place into the lunchbox.