Pizza Flavoured Kale Chips
This is a really delicious way to eat kale! The pizza flavoured seasoning of semi dried tomatoes and herbs is a perfect match for the slightly bitter but crispy kale chips. Very moreish... which is okay because they are good for you!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These are divine! If you've never tried kale chips before, I highly recommend giving this a go. Made the house smell so good while they were in the dehydrator. I think I'm going to have to fight my family for these, and I better go shopping for more kale!" - Terri
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 2-4 hours
Serves 4-6 as a snack
Cannot be frozen
- kale - 1 bunch, deveined and broken up into small chip size pieces
- Pizza flavoured coating:
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- semi dried tomatoes - 100g, in oil
- dried oregano - 1 tsp
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp
- Turn on dehydrator and line several baking trays with baking paper designed for dehydrators.
- Place deveined kale leaves (from 1 bunch) into a large mixing bowl.
- Add garlic clove (1) to the mixer bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add semi dried tomatoes (100g), and any oil from those tomatoes, to the bowl. Add oregano (1 tsp), salt flakes (1 tsp) and paprika (1 tsp). Process Speed 8/ 10 seconds.
- Turn the motor to Speed 3, and drizzle in a little water until a tomato sauce-like consistency is achieved.
- Pour sauce over kale chips and combine well in the mixing bowl.
- Place chips onto trays and dehydrate for 3-4 hours or until crunchy. The first time you cook these will be trial and error, as every dehydrator differs. Allow time to experiment.