These are a new favourite in The 4 Blades kitchen! Thermomade Pita Breads are not only cheaper than store bought but even more delicious. Have a try at making your own!
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15-30 minutes
Can be frozen.
- water - 400g
- yeast - 3 tsp, instant
- bakers flour - 300g, white
- self raising flour - 200g, wholemeal
- oil - 20g
- salt - 1 tsp
- Add water (400g) and yeast (3 tsp) to bowl.
- Program 3 minutes / 37C / Speed 2.
- Add bakers flour (300g), wholemeal flour (200g), oil (20g) and salt (1 tsp) to bowl.
- Program Closed Lid / 6 minutes / Kneading Speed. Note: This will be a sticky dough. Oil your hands if needed to work with the dough.
- Place dough into a oiled bowl and cover. Allow to rise for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide into 8 balls.
- Sprinkle your bench with a little flour before rolling to avoid sticking. Roll each ball into a circle disc. Roll each one evenly and approximately 4mm thick. Put each disk on a sheet of baking paper for the next step.
- Allow to rise for one hour.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat on the stove.
- Place one of the dough discs into the pan.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes on the first side. Flip over. Cook for 1 minute or so on the other or until cooked through. If these are not cooked through you will not be able to open up the pocket for filling.
- Allow to cool and repeat for the remaining discs.
- Once cooled, slice the pitta bread in half. We recommend using scissors for a clean cut.
- Gently use your fingers to peel away both sides of the bread to form a pocket.
- This is now ready to fill with your favourite ingredients. Try our homemade Doner Kebab!
Note: If you don't wish to use this as a pocket bread, feel free to use it as a flat bread or wrap - perfect with our trio of Turkish dips!