Pinwheel Sausage Rolls
How gorgeous do these cute little sausage rolls look? Not traditional in shape, but so much fun! They have been shared with us by Alyce Alexandra in one of our favourite thermo mixing cook books, Quick Fix: Every Occasion.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Unexpected visitors? You can always have one roll in the freezer and slice up from frozen as you need them! Great recipe! Tasted fantastic!" - Belinda
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
- onion - 1, brown, peeled and halved
- apple - 1, green, quartered and cored
- sausage mince - 500g, also tested with beef mince
- curry powder - 2 tsp
- mango chutney - 1 Tbsp
- salt - to taste
- puff pastry - 3 sheets, thawed
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place onion (1) and apple (1) into bowl and chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add mince (500g), curry powder (2 tsp), mango chutney (1 Tbsp) and salt (to taste), and mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix for a further Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Divide mixture evenly between sheets of puff pastry and spread over the entire sheet leaving one edge of 2cm clear of mixture.
- Roll up pastry towards this edge and slice into 2cm pieces (see note).
- Place on prepared tray, seam side down, and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked
- Serve hot out of the oven with tomato sauce.
Note: To achieve nice clean cuts, place sausage rolls in the freezer for one hour before slicing.