Piña Colada Smoothie
Sweet juicy pineapple is the perfect refresher on a summery day. Bianca from Wholefood Simply ’accidentally’ created this recipe from leftover pineapple and coconut milk, and we couldn’t be more thrilled that she did! If you make this from frozen pineapple and coconut milk you will get a ’pineapple sorbet’ consistency that you can transfer to your drink container and melt into a perfectly cold drink by the time you need it!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- pineapple - 400g, roughly chopped, cold or frozen
- coconut milk - 150g, thick, cold or frozen
- ice - 100g, if pineapple & coconut milk are not frozen
- fresh mint - leaves, optional addition
- Add pineapple (400g), coconut milk (150g) and ice (100g, if using) to the bowl. Blend Speed 9 / 30 seconds.
- Check that consistency is smooth. Repeat if required.
- Transfer to drink containers, or, as an alternative, freeze as ice blocks.
Transport in a lidded bottle or jug, in an esky with ice packs.