Peta's Favourite Macaroni Cheese
This is always a hit in our house for both the kiddies and for me! They love it (they always eat seconds!) and I get to spend minimal time in the kitchen cooking. Win win! – Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Yum, my kids will be fighting for the leftovers tomorrow! Definitely will be making again." - Brea
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 300g, macaroni
- bacon - 6 slices, shortcut, fat removed and diced
- cheddar cheese - 120g, or tasty cheese, grated
- Cheese sauce:
- butter - 50g
- plain flour - 50g
- milk - 600g
- mustard powder - 1 tsp
- dried onion flakes - 1 Tbsp, dried
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- dried parsley - 1/2 Tbsp, flakes
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- cheddar cheese - 100g, or tasty cheese, grated strong
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cook the macaroni (300g) according to packet directions in a large saucepan. Once cooked, drain and set aside in the saucepan.
- If you need to grate your own cheese (220g total), do so now. Speed 8 / 8 seconds. Set aside in a separate bowl.
- Meanwhile, place the butter (50g), flour (50g), milk (600g), mustard powder (1 tsp), onion flakes (1 Tbsp), garlic powder (1 tsp) and parsley flakes (1/2 Tbsp) into bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 8 minutes / 90C / Speed 4.
- Once the sauce is cooked, pour it over the drained pasta, and mix to combine with cheddar cheese (100g) and Parmesan cheese (100g) in the saucepan.
- Pour into casserole dish, top with cheese (120g) and diced bacon (6 slices diced).
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve.