Peta’s Best Bread
Be sure to read up on the Perfect Bread Tips on the previous page before attempting this recipe, for the yummiest loaf ever... perfect for perfect tea party sandwiches! For a round top loaf use a standard loaf tin, for a square loaf use a loaf tin with a lid.
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + rising time
Cooking Time 30-40 minutes
Makes 1 standard loaf
Can be frozen
- water - 450g, lukewarm
- yeast - 3 tsp
- bakers flour - 750g
- bread improver - 3 tsp, optional
- salt - 1 tsp
- Add the ingredients to the bowl in this order: water (450g), yeast (3 tsp), flour (750g), bread improver (3 tsp) and salt (1 tsp).
- Mix Speed 7 / 10 seconds to roughly combine.
- Program Closed Lid / 6 minutes / Kneading Function.
- Remove dough and place into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with clingfilm and place into a warm spot. I use the front seat of my car or a warmed oven.
- Leave this to rise for approximately an hour or until doubled.
- Remove dough from bowl, knock out the air by shaping your dough into a free form loaf, rolls or placing it in to the desired tin.
- Allow to rise for another 30-40 minutes or until almost doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes depending on your oven.