- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Pesto, Ricotta and Rocket Pizza
his pizza might rock your world. It has been shared with us by Sam Colden from The Annoyed Thyroid. It is a little unorthodox – not only is it made with just flour and yoghurt, it’s flipped half way through cooking. But what you will have at the end is a perfect pizza, every single time! It’s just all kinds of delicious!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Delicious! Loved the pizza base. So quick and easy." - Penny
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Makes 1 x 20cm pizza, with extra pesto remaining
Can be frozen
- Pesto (makes about 1 cup):
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- Parmesan cheese - 60g, cubed (*use 3 Tbsp nutrional yeast flakes for DF)
- fresh basil - 20g, leaves
- kale - 30g, leaves, washed and stems removed
- cashew nuts - 100g, raw
- olive oil - 50g, plus extra for greasing
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Pizza dough:
- self raising flour - 110g, plus extra for dusting
- yoghurt - 100g, natural, Greek
- kale - 3 generous Tbsp, and basil pesto
- olive oil
- ricotta cheese - 100g (make your own with the Ricotta cheese recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue)
- rocket - handful, leaves
- pepper - black
- Place garlic clove (1) and Parmesan cheese (60g) into the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Add the basil (20g), kale (30g), cashews (100g), oil (50g) and lemon juice (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 2-3 x 1 second blasts until the desired consistency is achieved. Set the pesto aside. There is no need to wash the bowl – it will just add a little extra flavour to your pizza dough!
- Preheat the oven to 200C, or 180C fan-forced.
- Add self raising flour (110g) and yoghurt (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 6 seconds.
- Program 1 minute / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board and roll out into a pizza shape.
- Lightly grease a pizza pan and spread dough to edges of pan.
- Bake for about 5-7 minutes until just golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and carefully flip the base over using a spatula.
- Spread the pesto (3 Tbsp) over the base, right up to the crust and drizzle with a little olive oil. Return to the oven for another 5-8 minutes until the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and dollop the ricotta (100g) and scatter the rocket (handful) all over the pizza. Finish it off with a drizzle of olive oil and a good grinding of black pepper.