It doesn't get any easier than this! A few ingredients blitzed together results in a tasty sauce for pasta or gnocchi. This is a dairy free version, however you can certainly add a handful of Parmesan to the sauce if your budget allows. Kids will have fun seeing the dry spaghetti twirling around in your thermo mixer and changing as it cooks. To add a serve of protein consider some shredded chicken, tuna or ham. Buying broken nuts is a great way to get nuts at a cheaper price - especially when you are just going to blitz them up anyway!
No: Dairy / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
If your budget allows:
• Add 20-40g of Parmesan or cheese of choice in Step 4.
• Add some roasted capsicum strips, olives and pine nuts to the pasta and sauce before serving.
• Add a serve of protein to the pasta and sauce before serving.
- water - 800g, hot
- pasta - 250g, thin spaghetti, (*can use GF, but best to cook on the stove)
- fresh basil - 1 bunch
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- cashew nuts - 100g, pine, or other nuts of choice
- olive oil - 40g, you may require a little more
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Place hot water (800g) into bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Program 10 minutes / 100C / Reverse / Softest Speed. Add spaghetti through the hole of the lid and cook until tender.
- Drain pasta and empty bowl.
- Add basil (1 bunch), garlic (1), cashew nuts (100g) to bowl. Speed 6 / 4 seconds. Scrape down.
- Program 1 minute / Speed 3. Drizzle olive oil (40g) through the hole whilst blades are spinning.
- You may want to add additional oil to thin your pesto.
- Serve pesto stirred through hot drained spaghetti.
- Use any leftover pesto as a pizza base sauce for our homemade pizzas.