Pesto Pasta Salad
This is a recipe from the TRTLMT 2016 Calendar. This salad is so full of flavour and so fresh that it is sure to impress at Christmas lunch or dinner. What I love about this salad is you can prepare it the day before and allow the flavours to develop. Tastes amazing! – Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This pesto is the besto!" - Rach
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Cooking Time 1 hour
Cannot be frozen
- pasta - 350g, penne (*can use GF)
- sun dried tomatoes - 100g, sliced
- olives - 50g, sliced
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, grated
- spinach - 50g, or rocket, leaves, finely shredded
- spring onions - 2, sliced thinly on a diagonal
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- fresh basil - 50g, leaves and stalks
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- cashew nuts - 150g, unsalted
- Parmesan cheese - 50g,or pecorino cheese, diced
- olive oil - 50g, good quality
- pepper - 1 tsp
- balsamic vinegar - 2.5 Tbsp
- Cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain and set aside once cooked.
- Place basil (50g), garlic (1), cashews (150g), cheese (50g), olive oil (50g), pepper (1 tsp) and balsamic vinegar (2.5 Tbsp) into bowl. Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Scrape down. Speed 8 / 5 seconds. If desired, add additional oil for a smoother dip.
- Combine cooked pasta, pesto, sun dried tomatoes (100g), olives (50g), Parmesan (100g) spinach (50g), spring onions (2) and salt and pepper (to taste) in a big bowl. Stir to combine.
- Serve warm or cover and place into the fridge to cool and allow the flavours to develop.