Pesto Green Beans with Feta and Pine Nuts
This is a different way to enjoy green beans, packed full of flavour and texture. We love the tanginess of the sun dried tomatoes, the creaminess of the feta and the freshness of the beans and pesto. To make this side go even further, add 100g of baby spinach leaves to the salad and combine.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A deliciously tasty salad. A lovely combination of the fresh pesto with the feta cheese and tomatoes that makes a tasty side dish or plate to share." - Kristen
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
steaming attachment lower dish
large serving platter
- green beans - 600g, topped and tailed
- water - 500g, hot
- feta cheese - 200g, crumbled
- sun dried tomatoes - 200g, finely diced
- pine nuts - 50g, toasted
- fresh basil - 50g, leaves
- fresh parsley - 20g, leaves, chopped
- pine nuts - 50g, toasted, or nuts of choice
- olive oil - 80g
- salt - 2 tsp
- Variations / Serving suggestions:
- baby spinach - 100g, leaves, to add at the end
- Add the basil leaves (50g), chopped parsley leaves (20g) and toasted pine nuts (50g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 10 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the olive oil (80g) and salt (2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 10 seconds. If you can hear that the blades aren't touching the food, stop, scrape down sides and continue. Scrape pesto out of bowl and set aside.
- Add the prepared green beans (600g) to the lower dish of the steaming attachment. Add hot water (500g) to the bowl – no need to wash it. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2. Stir the beans halfway through cooking.
- Move the hot beans and pesto into a large bowl and stir gently to combine. Place onto a large serving platter.
- Top with crumbled feta (200g), diced sun dried tomatoes (200g) and toasted pine nuts (50g).
- Serve immediately.