Pesto Chicken on Pumpkin Mash
If you are looking for a quick and tasty meal that makes enough leftovers for lunch, this is a great option. It’s perfect for a post-gym workout meal with a good serve of protein, fats and carbs.
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 25 minutes
Can be frozen
- water - 500g, hot
- chicken breasts - 2, halved width-ways into 4 thin fillets
- pumpkin - 800g, approximately
- Parmesan cheese - 30g (*can omit for DF, add more salt)
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- pine nuts - 30g
- fresh basil - big bunch, leaves only, approx. 30g
- olive oil - 80g
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- pine nuts - extra for topping, optional
- Fill bowl with hot water (500g). Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Add chicken (4 thin fillets) to steaming attachment upper tray and set into place.
- Dice pumpkin (800g) into small cubes and add to the steaming attachment lower tray once you have finished chopping. If it is already steaming by the time you have finished chopping, please turn the machine off, remove the steaming attachment and add pumpkin away from the steam so as not to burn yourself. User discretion required. Steam burns!
- Once finished, check that chicken and pumpkin are cooked through. If not, continue cooking.
- Set steaming attachment aside and empty water from bowl.
- To the clean and dry bowl add Parmesan (30g). Grate Speed 8 /8 seconds.
- Add pine nuts (30g), basil leaves (30g), garlic clove (1), olive oil (30g only) and salt / pepper to taste. Blend Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add olive oil (50g) and water (20g) to the bowl. Blend Speed 7 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add cooked chicken to the bowl. Shred Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds. Set chicken aside. No need to clean the bowl.
- Add steamed pumpkin to the bowl with salt and pepper to taste. Blend Speed 5 / 30 seconds.
- Serve the pumpkin mash in mounds on the plates, and top with the pesto chicken and extra pine nuts.