Pesto Chicken Capsicum Halves
Low carb. Healthy. Filling. This simple yet delicious recipe ticks all the boxes.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a very fast, easy and delicious meal that is very low carb and healthy. I like that you can adapt the flavours to suit your personal preference. I chose to do a sun dried tomato and basil pesto which was a great flavour base with the chicken and capsicum." - Tammy
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 38 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- mozzarella cheese - 100g, grated
- fresh basil - 20, leaves
- water - 500g, hot tap
- chicken breast - 400g, diced
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- capsicums - 4, small
- pesto - 100g (make your own with the Pesto recipe from this issue; *ensure NF if required)
- Add mozzarella (100g) and basil leaves (20) to the bowl. Grate Speed 7 / 3-5 seconds, or until your desired consistency has been reached. Set aside.
- Add hot tap water (500g) to the bowl.
- Coat chicken (400g) in salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp). Add the chicken to the internal steaming basket and set the basket in place. Program 18 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Slice capsicums (4) in half lengthways and completely deseed. Set the halves in your ovenproof dish.
- Drain water and add chicken to the mixer bowl.
- Add pesto (100g) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- Place the chicken mixture into each capsicum half. Top with the cheese and basil mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until capsicum has softened slightly and cheese is golden brown.
*Water, salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 100g semi dried tomatoes in Step 1 for added flavour.