Peppercorn Steak with Grilled Corn and Potatoes
One of my absolute favourite sauces is peppercorn sauce. There is something about green peppercorns I just love. They aren’t too potent, instead they are nice and soft and so full of flavour. This sauce has a little kick to it without it being too overpowering or uncomfortable to eat. Try it over chicken schnitzel or just over a big bowl of BBQ’d veggies (especially potatoes!) – Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is such an easy recipe that will certainly impress everyone at your next BBQ. The hero of this dish is definitely the sauce, I had to stop my husband drinking it from the bowl!" - Shannah
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 40 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- corn - 4, cobs
- potatoes - 8, baby, halved
- oil - to brush
- porterhouse steaks - 4
- salt - to season
- pepper - to season
- Peppercorn Sauce:
- cream - 200ml
- beef stock - 200g, liquid, good quality
- mustard - 1/2 Tbsp, Dijon
- peppercorns - 30g, green, drained
- cornflour - 1 Tbsp
- water - 1 Tbsp, hot
- salt - to serve
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium heat.
- Brush the corn (4) and potatoes (8) with a little oil. Place potatoes into a BBQ safe baking tray and transfer to the BBQ.
- Cook with the hood closed for 20 minutes to bake. Add the corn to the grill just before beginning your sauce.
- Cook your sauce before cooking your steaks to give your sauce a little time to thicken whilst cooling slightly. Place the cream (200ml), stock (200g), mustard (1/2 Tbsp) and peppercorns (30g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add cornflour (1 Tbsp) to hot water (1 Tbsp) in a small bowl and mix to combine with a spoon.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the peppercorn sauce. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Season with a little salt if needed. Set aside.
- Season your steaks with a little salt and pepper and cook on the BBQ to your liking.
- Serve the sauce over the sizzling hot steaks with the barbecued corn and potatoes. Alternatively, try with the yummy Steamed Corn with Spicy Lime Salt!