Peppercorn Finishing Sauce
This peppercorn sauce is delicious, easy to create, and it absolutely lifts the flavour of whatever meal it accompanies. It's fabulous with steak, but for something a bit different you can stir any leftover sauce through some cooked spiral pasta as a quick and easy side dish. If you love the pasta idea, you can simply double this recipe to make the sauce go even further.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The end product was fabulous. It was so easy and worked beautifully with the steak my husband barbequed. This will become part of my basic recipe collection." - Joy
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 5 minutes resting time
Cooking Time 11 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
- steak of choice - grilled, cooked to your liking
- potato - mashed
- vegetables of choice - steamed
- Peppercorn finishing sauce:
- cream - 100g, pure
- beef stock - 100g, good quality, liquid
- mustard - 2 tsp, Dijon
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked black
- peppercorns - 15g, green, drained (from a tin)
- cornflour - 2 tsp, (*ensure GF if required)
- water - 20g, hot
- salt - to taste
- Add the pure cream (100g), liquid beef stock (100g), Dijon mustard (2 tsp), cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) and drained green peppercorns (15g) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on. Once 100C has been reached, reduce to 90C.
- Add the cornflour (2 tsp) to hot water (20g) in a small bowl. Mix to combine with a spoon.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the peppercorn sauce in the mixer bowl. Program 3 minutes / 90C / Speed 2. Season with a little salt if needed. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Whisk gently before pouring.
- Pour the sauce over steaks and serve with mashed potato and steamed vegetables of choice.