Penne with Walnut Pesto
What a delicious use of traditional pesto. Have a crowd to feed? Double or triple the recipe. It will really go the distance.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A very tasty pasta dish which can be whipped up in no time. This fresh basil pesto would also be great used as a dip." - Lesley
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 5-10 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 350g, penne, dried (*can use GF)
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh basil - 1 large bunch, leaves only
- Parmesan cheese - 100g
- walnuts - 80g
- olive oil - 60g
- Cook penne (350g) according to packet instructions. Drain the water and set the pasta aside, reserving a spoonful of the cooking water in case you want to thin the pesto at all. While the pasta is cooking you can continue on with the next steps.
- Add the garlic cloves (2), basil leaves (from 1 large bunch), Parmesan cheese (100g), walnuts (80g) and oil (60g) to the bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Chop Speed 8 / 6 seconds.
- Add pesto to the penne. Stir to combine. Add the extra cooking water if necessary.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese and basil leaves.
*Oil, salt and pepper are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 50g rocket leaves, 50g baby spinach leaves, 150g cherry tomatoes and 100g baby bocconcini in Step 3 to really stretch the meal.