The great thing about pasta is that it is so versatile and goes with so many flavours. This Napoletana sauce is perfect for your next Italian feast. A few staple ingredients can turn into the most delicious, full flavoured sauce. Use this sauce the next time you make pizzas, chicken Parmigiana or spaghetti Bolognese.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It was nice, tasty and easy to prepare. Miss 9 months enjoyed it too, so it will become a regular as it isn't often I find something our family of 6 all enjoy." - Anita
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 400g, penne (*can use GF)
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- onion - 2, peeled and halved
- carrot - 1, roughly chopped
- celery - 1, stalk, roughly chopped
- olive oil - 20g
- tinned tomatoes - 800g
- tomato paste - 40g
- fresh parsley - 2 Tbsp, roughly chopped
- fresh basil - shredded, plus extra for garnish
- Parmesan cheese - shaved, to serve (*omit for DF)
- Cook pasta (400g) according to packet directions. Drain once cooked.
- Add garlic cloves (3), onions (2), carrot (1) and celery (1 stalk) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 2.
- Add the tomatoes (800g tin), tomato paste (40g), parsley (2 Tbsp), basil (2 Tbsp), salt and pepper to the bowl. Place internal steaming basket on top to prevent spatters. Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Serve sauce over pasta and top with fresh basil and shaved Parmesan cheese.
* If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.