Pear and Honey Muffins
These pear and honey muffins make a great addition to the lunchbox for the kiddies or as a scrumptious afternoon tea treat when guests pop over.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These were great! A real pear flavour!" - Cindy
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Makes 15 muffins
Can be frozen
- butter - 120g
- honey - 120g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- milk - 250g milk
- eggs - 2
- self raising flour - 320g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- ginger - 1 tsp, ground
- pears - 3, peeled, cored and diced (see Note), ripe
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Add butter (120g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.
- Add honey (120g) and vanilla (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides. Beat again if necessary.
- Add milk (250g), eggs (2), self raising flour (320g), baking powder (1 tsp), ginger (1 tsp) and pear pieces (from 1 pear only) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until just combined. This should be under 5 seconds. Do not over mix.
- Add the remaining pear pieces (from 2 pears). Mix with the spatula to just combine.
- Fill cases until almost full with batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. Cool slightly then remove from tray and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.
Note: If pears are not in season you can substitute the pears for a drained 825g tin of pear halves.