Peanut Butter Sesame Bars
A delicious and satisfying snack. We love the combo of peanut butter, honey and sesame seeds. It tastes like a gourmet bar you would buy at a café, yet it costs a fraction of the price! You can have 20 squares whipped up in no time – another win!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a yummy afternoon snack. Perfect to keep little tummies happy until dinner." - Tamara
No: Dairy / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 15 minutes chilling time
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Makes 20 squares
Can be frozen
- honey - 100g
- peanut butter - 100g, natural
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- oats - 100g, rolled
- puffed rice - 40g
- sesame seeds - 4 Tbsp, toasted
- salt flakes - pinch
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- If you need to toast your sesame seeds, heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat, add sesame seeds (4 Tbsp) to the pan and stir until fragrant. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the honey (100g), peanut butter (100g) and vanilla extract (1 tsp) into the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Add the rolled oats (100g), puffed rice (40g), toasted sesame seeds (4 Tbsp) and salt flakes (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tray and smooth out the surface.
- Place into the freezer for 15 minutes to cool down.
- Slice and eat, or allow to set overnight in the fridge if time allows.