Peaches and Cream
This neat looking sweet has been shared with us by Bianca from Wholefood Simply. It also doubles as a yummy nutritious breakfast, or even a snack on the run! It will keep you full with the fats from the nuts and yoghurt, and the fibre from the chia seeds. The delicious peach is just a bonus! Enjoy them when they are in season, or use canned peaches if necessary. We have tested using 8 slices of canned peaches in lieu of a fresh peach. You caneasily reduce the quantities to make this a quick and easy sweet for one.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was really delightful. The tartness of the yoghurt, the sweetness of the peach and the fine crunch of the chia seeds was a nice way to finish our meal. My kids are not usually too keen on a bowl of yoghurt for dessert, but there was no issue with this one." - Sally-ann
No: Gluten / Egg
Contains: Dairy / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- pistachios - 120g, raw (*see Note for NF)
- almonds - 120g, raw (*see Note for NF)
- peaches - 4, ripe, diced
- yoghurt - 500g, full fat Greek, natural (*coconut yoghurt for DF)
- chia seeds - 1 Tbsp
- maple syrup - 20g
- Optional extras:
- maple syrup - 1 tsp, to serve
- Add pistachios (120g) and almonds (120g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 1 second. Set aside in a small bowl. No need to wash the mixer bowl.
- Dice the peaches (4) and stir through the nut mix.
- Add yoghurt (500g), chia seeds (1 Tbsp) and maple syrup (20g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / Reverse+Speed 1. Add to the bottom of your serving jars.
- Add the peach and nut mixture to the jar, on top of the yoghurt.
- If desired, drizzle with the extra maple syrup. It is delicious with or without this.
- Eat and enjoy!
Note: You can use whatever nuts you have on hand but the recommended combination is delicious! To make the recipe nut free use sunflower and pumpkin seeds in place of the pistachios and almonds.