Alyce Alexandra has kindly shared this beautiful recipe with us, from her book Quick Fix: Every Occasion. A lovely bottle of sparkling wine shared at a picnic is made even more elegant when transformed into Bellinis, and peach ones at that! So easy to make, and the mixture will keep well in the fridge.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Can be frozen
- caster sugar - 50g
- peaches - 4, ripe, yellow or white, halved and stoned
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- white wine - 2 x 750ml bottles of sparkling
- Add sugar (50g) to the bowl and mill Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add peaches (4) and lemon juice (1/2) and puree Speed 9 / 30 seconds.
- Press mixture through a fine sieve and discard solids.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, pour a tablespoon of peach puree into each Champagne flute and top with chilled sparkling white wine.
You can take the peach puree in a sealable airtight container and spoon it into the glasses before topping with sparkling wine. Transport sparkling wine in an esky filled with ice, or an insulated bag with ice packs.