Pea-Topped Creamy Fish Pies
Fish and peas just seem to go together so well, don't they? We have put a spin on the traditional fish fingers and mushy peas with our pea-topped creamy fish pies. The mushy pea mash is so delicious that you may want to serve it as a side for your next meal.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These mushy peas are so divine–I had to stop myself from eating them all before I topped the pies. Highly recommended." -Kylie
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Can be frozen
- Creamy Fish in White Sauce - 1 batch (*can use GF version)
- Mushy pea topping:
- fresh mint - 1 sprig, leaves only
- lemon - 1/2, zest only
- water - 500g, hot tap
- peas - 350g, frozen
- butter - 20g, plus extra for greasing
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Add mint leaves (from 1 sprig) and lemon zest (from 1/2 lemon) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside. Do not wash the bowl.
- Fill the bowl with hot water (500g). Set the internal steaming basket in place. Add the peas (350g) to the basket. Program 12 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- While the peas are cooking, preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease 4-6 small ramekins. Spoon the leftover Creamy Fish in White Sauce evenly into each ramekin up to about 3/4 full.
- Once the peas are cooked, drain the water from the bowl and move the peas in the bowl.
- Add the mint and lemon mixture, butter (20g), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds.
- Spoon the mushy peas into each ramekin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.