This recipe comes from the TRTLMT 2016 Calendar. Growing up, Pavlova was our Christmas dessert every single year, so when I think Christmas dessert, I think Pavlova smothered in whipped cream and delicious fresh fruit. Sadly, I can’t make Pav in my Thermo Mixer. Oh boy have I tried! Listen to The 4 Blades Podcast to hear all about it. But, I can make cheesecake, so I thought, why not combine the two? – Peta
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was excellent! Very yummy. I had to put it in a large square tin as there was lots of filling. It was a huge hit at a birthday party... I put chocolates on top too. Could also add fresh fruit in season. It was delicious!" - Dawn
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Eggs
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 8.5 hours
Cannot be frozen
- Biscuit base:
- biscuits of choice - 250g, plain, broken in half (*can use GF)
- butter - 100g, cold, cubed
- cream cheese - 750g, blocks, cubed
- sugar - 100g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- lemon juice - 3 tsp
- cream - 100g, thickened
- Pavlova topping:
- cream - 500g, thickened
- icing sugar - 2 tsp
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- meringues - mini
- fruit of choice
- Place biscuits (250g) into bowl. Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add cold butter (100g). Speed 6 / 30-45 seconds until a soft dough forms.
- Press dough into base of prepared tin and set aside.
- Add cream cheese (750g), sugar (100g), vanilla (1 tsp) and lemon juice (3 tsp) to bowl. Speed 7 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add thickened cream to bowl (100g). Speed 4 / 20-30 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture over biscuit base.
- Refrigerate for 6-8 hours (or overnight if possible).
- Before serving, prepare the pavlova topping. Place cream (500g), icing sugar (2 tsp) and vanilla extract (1 tsp) into bowl.
- Insert whisk attachment and whip on Speed 4 until thick. This will take 15-30 seconds generally.
- Spoon cream over the top of the cheesecake. Top with mini meringues and fresh fruit of choice.
- Use a warm knife to cut the cheesecake. Consume within 2 days.