Pasta with Easy Tomato Sauce
One of the great classics for any family is pasta with tomato sauce. This super tasty version is SO simple. You can make it ahead of time and take it with you on the road, or make it once you have arrived. Then, you can use any leftovers to make the Leftover Pasta Frittata.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "As a new caravan owner, this is definitely something I would consider making while 'On the Road.' Easy and uses readily available ingredients. And a recipe for any leftovers as well! Great choice for meals on the road... and at home!" - Bec
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- pasta - 500g (*use GF and EF if required)
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- tomatoes - 400g, Roma, tinned, whole
- passata - 300g, tomato
- vegetable stock - 1 cube or 50g vegetable stock paste
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - pinch, black
- dried oregano - 1 tsp
- sugar - pinch
- Cook the pasta (500g) according to packet instructions on a hot plate.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce, place the onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g). Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Add the tinned tomatoes (400g), tomato passata (300g), stock cube (1), salt (1 tsp), pepper (pinch), oregano (1 tsp) and sugar (pinch) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 1, measuring cap off. Place the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to reduce the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and serve with the tomato sauce.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.