These yummy cupcakes have been shared with us by Vicki from Thermomix Diva. Sweet and delicious, and slightly tart from the passionfruit, they make a beautiful sweet treat that everyone will love.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The addition of passionfruit to this cupcake is genius. It adds a lovely flavour to the light and fluffy cupcake. These were a winner in our house!" - Kylie
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 12 cupcakes
Can be frozen
- butter - 175g, softened at room temperature
- caster sugar - 175g
- eggs - 3
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- self raising flour - 175g
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- passionfruit - 1, pulp only
- Buttercream icing:
- butter - 100g, softened at room temperature
- icing sugar - 400g
- passionfruit - 4, pulp only
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a muffin tin with cases.
- Place the butter (175g) and sugar (175g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 4 / 20 seconds until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs (3) and vanilla extract (1 tsp). Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds. The mixture will split but that's okay. Scrape down sides.
- Add the flour (175g) and baking powder (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 15 seconds, scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 5 / 15 seconds.
- Add the pulp of passionfruit (1 only) and mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 3 seconds. The mixture will resemble a lovely smooth consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Once ready, cool completely on a wire rack until ready to be iced. Clean the bowl ready to make the icing.
- If you need to make your own icing sugar, add sugar (400g) to the bowl now and Grind Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- For the buttercream icing: place the butter (100g), icing sugar (400g) and pulp of passionfruit (2 only) to the bowl and mix Speed 9 / 15 seconds.
- Scrape down sides and mix again for another Speed 4 / 15 seconds or until a smooth consistency forms
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes to your hearts content! Then drizzle the remaining passion fruit pulp over each one.