The combination of cheesecake and the glorious taste of passionfruit makes this no-bake dessert a winner. It has been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh, the Thermomix Baking Blogger. It is fantastic to make ahead of time and let the flavours permeate. The recipe calls for delicious Italian biscuits to create a unique flavour combination. If you can't find them, you can of course use digestive biscuits (or any biscuits you like!)
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A delicious cold set cheesecake without any baking... and it serves a crowd!" - Monika
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes + 40 minutes chilling time + 3 hours setting time
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
23cm round springform cake pan
- butter - 75g
- amaretti biscuits - 75g
- biscuits of choice - 150g, Italian, such as Tarallucci
- double cream - 300g
- cream cheese - 600g
- mascarpone cheese - 500g
- caster sugar - 70g
- orange - 1, large, juice only
- lemon - 1, large, juice only
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- gelatine - 5 leaves, or agar agar flakes
- water - cold
- passionfruit - 9, flesh only
- mango juice - 50g
- Variations / Serving suggestions:
- digestive biscuits - to replace Italian biscuits
- If you need to grind your own caster sugar, add raw sugar (70g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the butter (75g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 55C / Speed 1.
- Add the amaretti (75g) and Italian biscuits (150g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat if required. The mixture should look like wet sand.
- Press the biscuit mixture into a 23cm round springform cake pan lined with baking paper. Once the mixture is lining the base, refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, clean the mixing bowl. Insert the whisk attachment. Add the double cream (300g) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 3 until stiff.
- Add the cream cheese (600g), mascarpone (500g), caster sugar (70g), orange juice (from 1 orange), lemon juice (from 1 lemon) and vanilla extract (1/2 tsp) to the mixing bowl. Mix Speed 4.5 / 45 seconds.
- Pour over the cooled biscuit base and spread evenly. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes. Meanwhile, clean the bowl again.
- Place the gelatine leaves (5) in a small bowl with cold water and leave to soak for 5 minutes. Squeeze and place in the mixing bowl.
- Add the passionfruit flesh (from 9 passionfruit) and mango juice (50g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes, then pour over the cooled cake and leave to set in the fridge for 3 hours. When pouring, consider the placement of the passionfruit seeds – it's easier to separate any that are clumped together now rather than once it has set.
Make your own!
* Make your own digestive biscuits with the Digestive Biscuits recipe from The Holidays Issue.