Passionfruit and Lime Biscuits
These delicate little biscuits have been shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina. It is great to have a roll of this dough in the freezer, unbaked. Just remove from freezer for about 10 minutes, preheat your oven while they thaw a little, slice and bake as directed below (add a couple of extra minutes to compensate for being in the freezer!)
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These crunchy, crumbly, zesty morsels of goodness were a huge hit in our house with both the kids and the 'big kids'. They've become a firm favourite for our family and are so versatile – from hubby's morning tea at work to the kids' lunchboxes, they're a crowd pleaser wherever they go." - Melissa
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 40 minutes
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Makes 20 biscuits
Can be frozen
- raw sugar - 80g
- lime - 2, zest only
- semolina - 75g
- butter - 220g, cubed, chilled, unsalted
- plain flour - 270g, plus extra for dusting
- sea salt - pinch
- passionfruit - 65g, pulp (from approx. 2-3 large passionfruit, see Note)
- icing sugar - to dust
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Place sugar (80g), lime zest (from 2 limes) and semolina (75g) into the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 10 seconds.
- Add butter (220g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 20 seconds.
- Add the flour (270g), salt (pinch) and passionfruit (65g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10-15 seconds.
- Tip onto a floured surface and roll into a ball. Wrap with clingfilm and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Roll into a long sausage shape and cut into rounds. Place rounds onto the baking trays leaving space between each one.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden around edges.
- Dust with icing sugar while still warm.
Note: If passionfruit are out of season they will be expensive! You can used canned pulp if necessary. Alternatively, buy the passionfruit when they are in season and freeze the pulp in ice cube trays.