Parmesan, Zucchini and Marjoram Risotto
We love a good risotto, and this flavour combination certainly doesn't disappoint. The flavours are quite subtle, so it is a great dish for the whole family. Top the risotto with additional marjoram leaves and freshly shaved Parmesan cheese for a little flavour boost.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I LOOVE risotto, and this recipe did hit the spot. I will be making this one again!" - Shannah
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- onion - 1, large, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- zucchini - 250g, roughly chopped
- butter - 20g
- arborio rice - 350g
- vegetable stock - 60g, paste, or chicken stock paste
- water - 940g
- Parmesan cheese - 130g, grated
- fresh marjoram - 2 Tbsp, leaves
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed Parmesan cheese (130g) to the bowl and grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the onion (1), garlic cloves (3) and zucchini (250g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the butter (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Insert the whisk attachment. Add rice (350g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the stock paste (60g) and water (940g) to the bowl. Program 17 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1, measuring cap on.
- Add the Parmesan cheese (130g) and marjoram (2 Tbsp) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 2 / 20 seconds to combine.
- Check for seasoning. Season with salt and pepper if required.
- Pour risotto into an insulated server and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon risotto into bowls to serve.