Parmesan Chicken Sausage Rolls
These chicken sausage rolls are a great change to traditional meat ones. Not only are they a healthier version, they are also packed full of flavour. This is a very forgiving recipe. Use any veggies left in the bottom of your crisper for these.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Very tasty little party dish, didn't last long once out of the oven. I accompanied with sweet chili sauce and they were gone." - Jenny
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Egg
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 48 rolls in total
Can be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 50-75g (depends on your preferred intensity of flavour)
- carrot - 1 large, roughly chopped
- chilli - 1/2, large green, deseeded, roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, small , peeled and quartered
- pepper - pinch, freshly cracked
- chicken breast - 400g, chopped into chunks
- vegetable stock - 1 tsp, concentrate, or to taste
- puff pastry - 4 sheets, thawed (*check for egg if required)
- egg - 1, beaten, *can omit or replace with milk if required
- sesame seed - for topping
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Grate cheese if required by adding Parmesan cheese (50-75g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Leave in the bowl.
- Place carrot (1), chilli (1/2), garlic (2 cloves), onion (1), Parmesan cheese (if not added in Step 2) and pepper (pinch) into bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 4-5 seconds or until desired consistency is achieved. You want some texture to the vegetables.
- Add chicken (400g) and stock (1 tsp). Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds. You want a nice smooth mixture without large chunks. It will be a slightly wet mixture.
- Layer the chicken mixture on the puff pastry (4 sheets). You will get two long rolls out of each sheet of pastry and cut into a total of twelve rolls.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg (1) and top with sesame seeds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.