Pan Fried Hash Browns
Oh boy! How delicious do these look? Go on and make a batch. It will only take you 15 minutes! They are the perfect side to a roast night and equally as good served for breakfast alongside smoked salmon, poached eggs or bacon.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A yummy fake-away version of a favourite breakfast treat! The kids loved them with eggs for a filling start to the weekend!" - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- potato - 500g, russet, cubed
- onion - 1/2, peeled
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- egg - 1
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, black, ground
- Preheat oven to 120C.
- Place potatoes (500g) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Remove from bowl and add to a muslin cloth. Squeeze out excess liquid. Set aside.
- Add onion (1/2) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add potatoes, egg (1), salt flakes (1 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp) to bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 5 seconds.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Spoon a little of the mixture into the pan. Flatten slightly. Repeat until you have 3-4 in the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Keep warm in the oven whilst cooking the remaining hash browns. This mixture will make 8 hash browns.
- Serve as is or topped with some cream cheese and smoked salmon.