- Prep Time: 20 minutes
Pan Fried Calzones
Do you love pizza but lack the time to make dough? By the time you get the idea to have pizza, make the dough, and then allow it to rise THEN baking for 30 minutes or so... it drags on a bit! These Pan Fried Calzones are not only easy but also extremely kiddie friendly! This is a great recipe to get them in the kitchen cooking dinner. To make this a hearty Italian meal serve with salad or our Bacon Capsicum Spaghetti and garlic bread (featured in The Budget Issue).
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These tasted amazing! We made a few variations, cut them up and served on a platter for everyone to help themselves. Definitely on our list of quick dinners to make!" - Julie
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Total Preparation Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- yoghurt - 250g, Greek
- plain flour - 270g
- salt - 1 tsp
- fillings - (e.g. ham, chicken, pineapple, capsicum, tomato paste, cheese... the options are endless!)
- Place yoghurt (250g), flour (270g) and salt (1 tsp) into bowl. Speed 7 / 8 seconds to bring the dough together slightly.
- Program Closed Lid / 1 minute / Kneading Function.
- Divide dough up into 4 portions and roll into a thin circle using a rolling pin.
- Place fillings of choice on one half of the dough.
- Fold the un-topped half over the fillings and press the edges together to secure the calzone.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the calzones into the pan. If your pan is small you may need to cook these in two separate batches.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes each side until dough is cooked through. You may need to cook these a little longer if your dough hasn't been rolled thin.
- Remove from heat and place onto a cooling rack to cool slightly before consuming.