- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
Paleo Pumpkin Bars
What a great way to use up some pumpkin! This recipe has been shared with us by Monica Falconer from Mixing with Monica. Not only tasty, but great to pack into a lunchbox for a healthy sweet treat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I didn't realise pumpkin could taste so good as a dessert. In fact, it tasted a lot like carrot cake. The last one was eaten today and still tasted lovely." - Christine
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Makes 12-16 bars
Can be frozen
- coconut flour - 40g
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp (*ensure GF if required)
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- pumpkin - 260g, cooked and cooled (approx. 360g raw weight)
- coconut oil - 45g, liquid
- honey - 100g, raw
- eggs - 4
- pepitas - handful
- If you don't have any cooked pumpkin on hand, you can cook the pumpkin before beginning. Add raw pumpkin (360g) to the internal steaming basket. Set the basket in place. Add water (500g) to the bowl and program 15 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2, measuring cap on. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 160C. If you need to melt your coconut oil, set it on or near your oven for a few minutes.
- Add coconut flour (40g), salt (1/4 tsp), baking powder (1/2 tsp) and cinnamon (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Add cooked pumpkin (260g), liquid coconut oil (45g), honey (100g) and eggs (4) to the bowl. Mix Closed Lid / Turbo / 3 x 1 second blasts.
- Sprinkle pepitas into the base of your silicone moulds. Pour mixture into moulds over the pepitas. If you don’t have silicone moulds, you can use a normal slice tin – just bake for approx. 10 minutes longer and cut it up after it has cooled.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from moulds.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites