Paleo Lemon Cheesecake
This sensational citrus cheesecake has been shared with us by Fiona from Food 4 Thought. It is a delicious option for anyone, not just those with dietary intolerances but the BONUS is that it suits those that may not usually be able to indulge in cheesecake.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is possibly the tastiest and easiest to make health food I've ever had! Every ingredient is healthy and combined they are delectable! My husband said 'I wasn't sure on first bite as it tasted different to 'normal' cheesecake, then realised I actually like it better!' I will absolutely make this again" - Sally-Ann
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time >5 hours to soak cashews + 15 minutes
preparation + chilling time
Can be frozen
- almonds - 200g, whole, skin on
- dates - 6, medjool, pitted
- coconut oil - 30g, melted
- cashew nuts - 200g, raw, soaked for at least 5 hours or overnight, drained
- maple syrup - 60g, pure
- lemon juice - 130g, fresh
- coconut milk - 100g
- coconut oil - 60g, melted
- Add almonds (200g) and dates (6) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 12 seconds.
- Add coconut oil (30g) and mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds, or until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tray and press down firmly.
- Place in freezer while making the filling.
- Add drained soaked cashews (200g), maple syrup (60g), lemon juice (130g), coconut milk (100g) and coconut oil (60g) to the bowl.
- Program 1 minute / Speed 7, or until well combined and smooth. Scrape down sides and repeat if necessary.
- Pour filling over the top of the base and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream and lemon slices.