If legumes are not doing nice things to your belly, never fear! This yummy dip, shared with us by Alyce Alexandra from her brand new book Recipes From Our Cooking School, is made with cauliflower instead of chickpeas. Pair these with the 'Free From Lots' Crackers and you are on your way to healthy catering for your next party.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
- garlic cloves - 3, peeled
- cauliflower - 1, head, cut into small florets
- olive oil - 40g
- cumin - 2 tsp, ground (optional)
- tahini paste - 110g, unhulled
- water - 30g
- lemon - 1, juice only
- salt - 1/2, salt
- paprika - 1/8 tsp, or dukkah, or smoky paprika oil, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place garlic (3) into bowl and chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds.
- Add cauliflower (400g) and chop Speed 4 / 2 seconds.
- Add olive oil (20g only) and cumin (2 tsp) and mix Reverse+Speed 2 / 4 seconds.
- Tip onto prepared baking tray.
- Place remaining cauliflower and oil (20g) into bowl and chop Speed 4 / 2 seconds. Add to baking tray and spread mixture evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cauliflower is browned and tender, stirring once.
- Place roasted cauliflower, tahini (110g), water (30g), lemon (1) and salt (1/2 tsp) into bowl and mix Speed 5 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Continue to mix Speed 5 until a smooth paste forms, adding additional water if too stiff and assisting with the spatula if necessary.
- Check flavour and add extra lemon or salt to taste.
- To serve, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika (1/8 tsp) or dukkah, or drizzle with smokey paprika oil.