Paleo Coconut Pancakes
These gluten and dairy free pancakes are delicious and quick to make. Perfect to have on hand when gluten free or paleo friends come to visit. They won't feel excluded with these delicious coconut pancakes. Check out the bottom of the recipe for handy freezer tips.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These are replacing my current coconut pancakes. Great for a snack or breakfast – make extra for the freezer for those ‘hungry now’ times or brekkie on the run." - Naomi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes 9 pancakes
Can be frozen
- eggs - 6
- bananas - 3, large
- coconut flour - 40g
- vanilla - 3 tsp, extract
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- coconut oil - for cooking
- Place eggs (6), bananas (3), coconut flour (40g), vanilla (3 tsp) and cinnamon (1 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Heat a little coconut oil into a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Place two tablespoons of mixture into the pan. Allow to cook for a few minutes until you can see it is starting to set. The coconut flour means that they will be more fragile than standard pancakes, but definitely manageable.
- Flip over and cook until cooked through.
- Serve warm.
- Freeze in layers with baking paper between each layer in an airtight, freezer safe container.
- Defrost on the bench for 10 minutes (or in a lunch box), or pop in the microwave for 10 seconds.