Paleo Beetroot Dip
This tasty beetroot dip has been shared with us by Tamara Morris from My Melbourne Thermo. Most beetroot dips contain yoghurt or feta to add an element of creaminess. This dairy free paleo version uses cashews to break up the robust flavours of the beetroot. To top it off, the coriander and mint give it just the right amount of punch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Lovely fresh tasting dip, easy to whip up and perfect for a weekend platter." - Ellen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes 1 cup of dip
Cannot be frozen
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- beetroot - 2 small or 1 large, roasted, peeled
- cashew nuts - 80g (roasted gives more flavour)
- lemon - 1, juice only
- fresh coriander - 2 Tbsp
- fresh mint - 2 Tbsp
- olive oil - 50g
- salt - pinch
- vegetables of choice - in sticks, to serve
- crackers - dry, to serve (*omit or use GF if required)
- If you need to roast your beetroot, simply bake in a moderate oven with a drizzle of olive oil until you can pierce it through with a fork.
- Add the garlic clove (1), beetroots (2 small or 1 large), cashews (80g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), coriander (2 Tbsp), mint (2 Tbsp), oil (50g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 3 x 1 second blasts. Scrape down sides.
- Add more oil if needed to reach your desired consistency. If necessary, reprocess Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 second blasts until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with plentiful vegetable sticks and dry crackers if desired.