Pad See Ew
Love pad Thai? If so, you are going to LOVE this pad see ew. So quick and easy, yet full of flavour. It makes a great addition to this Thai feast! Want a vegetarian version? Simply replace the chicken with sliced tofu and replace the oyster sauce with soy sauce. Voila! A great vegetarian meal sure to impress.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I love pad see ew! This recipe is so quick and easy to make. This is going to my list of go-to recipes for a midweek meal. It is such a great recipe!" - Shannah
No: Gluten / Dairy
Contains: Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10 minutes + frying time
Cannot be frozen
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- soy sauce - 60g (*ensure GF if required)
- oyster sauce - 20g (*ensure GF if required)
- rice wine vinegar - 2 tsp
- palm sugar - 2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black, ground
- water - 20g
- rice noodles - 250g, wide stick
- peanut oil - 2 Tbsp
- chicken breast - 500g, or thigh, thinly sliced
- Chinese broccoli - bunch
- egg - 1, lightly beaten
- Boil a kettle of water.
- Pour the kettle over the rice noodles (250g) in an insulated server.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes. Drain the noodles after this time.
- Add the garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the soy sauce (60g), oyster sauce (20g), vinegar (2 tsp), sugar (2 tsp), pepper (1/2 tsp) and water (20g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Heat the peanut oil (2 Tbsp) in a large frying pan on the stove.
- Add the chicken slices (500g) and half of the sauce mixture to the pan on the stove. Cook the chicken through.
- Add the drained noodles, Chinese broccoli (1 bunch) and remaining sauce to the pan. Mix thoroughly. Move to one side of the pan.
- Place the beaten egg (1) into the other half of the pan and move it around the pan until cooked through.
- Mix everything together.
- Serve immediately.