Overnight Choc Chia Pudding
This easy prepare-ahead snack has been shared with us by Tracey Rubery from The Easy Healthy Way. You can use any type of milk you like for a healthy snack that is also refined sugar free, low fructose and gluten free (and extremely filling thanks to the chia seeds!) Remember to drink plenty of water when you eat chia seeds as they really absorb the liquid!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It looked just like a chocolate mousse and tasted really nice!" - Bev
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes + 12 hours soaking time
Cannot be frozen
- banana - 1, small, cut into chunks
- avocado - 1/2 or 1 very small avocado
- berries of choice - 50g-100g (can be frozen)
- spinach - 30g, leaves
- milk of choice - 500g (*ensure DF if required)
- water - 250g
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
- cacao powder - 30g
- chia seeds - 165g
- buckwheat kernels - 35g, or sunflower kernels
- Add the banana (1), avocado (1/2), berries (50-100g), spinach (30g), milk (500g), water (250g), cinnamon (1 tsp) and cacao (30g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 7.
- Add the chia seeds (165g) and buckwheat kernels (35g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 2 / 10 seconds, or until combined.
- Divide between 4-6 glasses or small jars and leave in the fridge overnight before eating. Alternatively, you can leave all of the mixture in an airtight container and serve each day as you need it.
Note: This is not a sweet recipe; if you prefer more sweetness add another small banana, serve with some berries or use some rice malt syrup.