Oven Baked Zucchini Fritters
Zucchini Balls are a very popular Turkish dish. This is our take on this delicious dish. Serve as a starter, or with the Pita Bread and Cauliflower Pilaf for a vegetarian feast.
Contains: Gluten / Egg / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15-30 minutes
Can be frozen.
- zucchini - 750g
- salt - 1 tsp
- carrot - 80g, roughly chopped
- onion - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- garlic cloves - 2
- eggs - 2, beaten
- plain flour - 85g (*can use GF flour )
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp
- fresh dill - 1 tsp, chopped
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Yoghurt dipping sauce:
- yoghurt - 100g, natural (*can serve without dipping sauce if required)
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- fresh parsley - 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place zucchini (750g) into bowl. Speed 7 / 4 seconds.
- Add salt (1 tsp).
- Remove zucchini from bowl and place into a strainer over a large bowl.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes. This helps remove excess moisture from the zucchini. Do not skip this step or you will have soggy fritters. You will be surprised how much liquid will come from this mix.
- Place onion (1), garlic (2) and carrot (80g) into bowl. Speed 9 / 5 seconds. Scrape down.
- Place zucchini into a clean muslin cloth or nut milk bag.
- Squeeze all the liquid from the zucchinis. Do not rush this step. Remove as much moisture as you can.
- Add zucchini to bowl along with eggs (2), flour (85g), parsley (1 Tbsp), dill (1 Tbsp) and salt and pepper (to taste). You may find you do not need salt. Mix Speed 6 / 8 seconds.
- Dollop heaped tablespoons of mixture on to the baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- To make the dipping sauce, place garlic (1 clove) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add yoghurt (100g) and parsley (1 tsp). Mix Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Serve cooked fritters with dipping sauce.