Oven Baked Cinnamon Toast
This 'easy to prepare' toast makes the perfect little treat for breakfast. It is equally good for a special occasion OR just a regular old Sunday morning at home with the family. You just can't beat warm cinnamon toast, especially a cold winter's morning.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This is a great treat for a Sunday morning, and so easy!" - Vicki
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 5-10 minutes
Butter can be frozen
You will need:
large baking tray
- bread - thick sliced, white, as many slices as needed (*can use GF bread)
- Cinnamon butter:
- butter - 200g, cubed and slightly softened
- caster sugar - 200g
- cinnamon - 1 Tbsp, ground
- vanilla bean paste - 2 tsp
- If you need to grind your own caster sugar, add raw sugar (200g) to the bowl and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds. Set aside.
- Place the softened cubed butter (200g) into the bowl. Mix on Speed 5 until it begins to soften and become lighter.
- Add the caster sugar (200g), ground cinnamon (1 Tbsp) and vanilla bean paste (2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 4.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the cinnamon butter in a thick layer over the slices of bread (as many as needed; see Note).
- Place the buttered bread onto the tray and bake for 5-10 minutes until the butter is soaked into the bread and the sugar topping is starting to turn golden. Be sure not to burn the toast.
- Remove, slice in half and serve immediately.
Note: This will make more cinnamon butter than needed for this recipe. Slice butter in serving sizes and freeze for up to 6 months.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites