Oven Baked Chicken Nuggets
Lucy from Bake Play Smile has shared her recipe for a real party favourite - chicken nuggets! These delicious nuggets are made with real chicken breast, and then coated with panko crumbs and Parmesan cheese… so they are both super crispy and ridiculously tasty! As an added bonus, they are oven-baked so you don’t need to trouble yourself with frying!
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 45 minutes
Makes 20 nuggets
Can be frozen
- breadcrumbs - 1 cup, panko
- Parmesan cheese - 50g
- chicken stock - 1 tsp, powder, optional
- chicken breast - 500g, skinless, or chicken mince
- plain flour - 1/2 cup
- eggs - 2, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the panko crumbs (1 cup) onto prepared tray and cook in the oven for approximately 5-10 minutes or until lightly golden (you'll need to give the tray a shake every few minutes). Set panko crumbs aside in a bowl.
- Increase oven temperature to 220C.
- Add Parmesan (50g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 8 seconds.
- Add panko crumbs and stock powder (1 tsp) to the bowl. Combine Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 x 1 second blast. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add chicken (500g) to the bowl. Mince Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Transfer to a bowl with a spatula.
- Shape the chicken mince into nuggets (about 1 tablespoon in size).
- Place the plain flour (1/2 cup) into a bowl.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and beat lightly.
- One at a time, coat the chicken nuggets in the plain flour (shake off any excess), then the egg mixture and finally the panko crumb mixture.
- Place crumbed nuggets onto the baking tray.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for approximately 12-14 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve hot with your favourite sauces.