Orange Spiced Nuts
Nuts are delicious on their own, but sometimes it's extra nice to enjoy them with some added flavours. These orange spiced nuts are a great little item to have packed for your next hike, when entertaining with friends or to enjoy with drinks.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A nice, easy recipe for fancy nuts. A great gift idea for neighbours." - Tamara
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 8 minutes
Cooking Time 20-25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- nuts of choice - 400g, mixed
- coconut oil - 80g
- coconut sugar - 50g
- orange - 1, small, zest and juice only
- dried coriander - 1/2 tsp, ground
- cumin - 1/2 tsp, ground
- salt - 1.5 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper.
- Add the nuts (400g) to the roasting pan.
- Add the coconut oil (80g), coconut sugar (50g), orange zest (from 1 orange), orange juice (from 1 orange), ground coriander (1/2 tsp) and ground cumin (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Pour the mixture over the nuts and mix to combine well.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden, stirring often.
- Sprinkle salt (1.5 tsp) over warm trail mix and mix to combine. Place onto a large plate to cool.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container or jar.