- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Orange & Poppyseed Muffins
Muffins are always a great lunchbox addition. They are easy to cook, can be adapted to suit any flavour you like and most importantly, can be eaten with one hand whilst playing in the playground! These can also be frozen for those last minute snacks when the pantry is bare.
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Can be frozen
- oranges - 2, zest and juice
- milk of choice - 200g
- eggs - 2
- butter - 70g, softened
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- self raising flour - 300g
- sugar - 90g, or sweetener of choice
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- poppy seeds - 20g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place muffin cases into muffin trays. Preheat oven to 180C. Place muffin cases into muffin trays.
- Using the citrus zester, remove all the zest from the oranges (2) and add to bowl.
- Add milk (200g), eggs (2), butter (70g), vanilla (1 tsp), flour (300g), sugar (90g), baking powder (1/2 tsp), poppy seeds (20g) and orange juice (2) into the bowl.
- Mix on Speed 4 until just combined. Avoid overworking the mixture.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cases. Fill to 3/4 of the way up the case.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container in the pantry for 3 days or fridge for up to five days.