- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: Serves more than 10
We aren't very fancy when it comes to drinks on a family picnic. It is generally water and if the kiddies are lucky we will make some orange juice to take with us. This is a great base recipe that can be altered to suit your tastes. Want it thinner? Strain and add additional water. Want it thicker? Don't strain. Add a little pineapple and ginger for a great flavour boost! - Peta
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Cooking Time 10 minutes
Makes 1 Litre
Can be frozen
- oranges - 5, juicy
- ice cubes - 300g
- water - 120g
- icing sugar - 1 Tbsp, pure, optional if your oranges are tart
- Cut away pith and skin from oranges (5) and quarter. This is important to avoid a thick pulpy unpleasant juice.
- Add to the bowl with ice cubes (300g), water (120g) and icing sugar (1 Tbsp) if using. Blend Speed 9 / 30 seconds. Strain if desired.
- Serve with additional ice cubes or frozen orange segments. Enjoy!
Transport in a lidded bottle with lots of ice cubes to keep cool or in an esky with ice packs.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites