The spring and summer months are when you will see oranges at their best. We think that is the perfect time to whip up this delicious orange cordial for the masses. Keep it in the fridge (it will last for at least a month) and serve it on hot summer days.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "So much nicer than store-bought cordials. The sweetness is nicely complemented by the natural tang of the oranges and lemon." - Tamara
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + cooling time
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Makes 1.5L of cordial
Can be frozen
- oranges - 4, large, peel only
- sugar - 500g
- oranges - 8, large, juice only
- lemon - 1, juice only
- citric acid - 2 tsp
- water - 400g
- Peel half of the oranges (4 only) and put the peel into the bowl. Ensure you only remove the peel and not the pith.
- Add the sugar (500g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 30 seconds.
- Add the orange juice (from 8 oranges), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), citric acid (2 tsp) and water (400g) to the bowl. Place the internal steaming basket on top of the lid to prevent spatters. Program 25 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Once that is finished cooking, process Speed 8 / 30 seconds, measuring cap on. Allow to cool completely to make the straining process safer.
- Strain the cordial through a fine mesh sieve to remove any zest.
- Transfer into a lidded bottle or jug.
- To serve, combine 1 part cordial to 4-6 parts water. Of course, adjust this ratio to suit your preferred taste.