Orange and Zucchini Muffins
This recipe has been shared with us by Tracey Larsen.
"Great little lunchbox filler or healthy treat for the family." - Tracey
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Something sweet or something savoury – in our house it was a split decision. These moist tasty muffins are quick and easy, and great in a kid's lunchbox because you sneak in fruit and veggies!" - Gail
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Makes about 12 muffins
Can be frozen
- oranges - 2, quartered and peel left on
- zucchini - 1, chopped into chunks
- coconut - 40g
- goji berries - 30g
- chia seeds - 20g
- butter - 225g
- eggs - 3
- sugar - 120g
- self raising flour - 300g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two muffin tins with paper cases.
- Add the oranges (2) and zucchini (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 8 / 7 seconds.
- Add the coconut (40g), goji berries (30g), chia seeds (20g) and butter (225g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 5 seconds.
- Add the eggs (3), sugar (120g) and self raising flour (300g) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Check if the mixture is combined. If not, scrape down sides and repeat Reverse+Speed 4 / 20 seconds.
- Pour into the muffin tins.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.